Two years preparation time is required for both children and adults in order to complete the requirement for receiving the Sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion.
- All children receiving these Sacraments must be in grade level 2 and/or 8 years of age or older.
- Successful completion of at least two consecutive years of religious instruction and preparation.
- Child's regular weekly attendance at class with fewer than three absences/tardies during the year.
- Child's and family's regular weekly attendance at Mass.
- Parents' involvement with child's religious education.
- Attendance of parents at scheduled meetings.
- A basic understanding of the Sacraments.