Our warmest welcome!
- Yearly registration is mandatory for participation.
- At least two (2) consecutive years of preparation are required for the reception of any sacrament.
- The First Communion program begins in the 1st grade.
- The Confirmation program begins in the 6th grade.
- Two years is the preparation time for unbaptized children 7 years and older to receive Baptism and Communion.
Classes: Sundays, from 8:30 am to 10:00 am.
Documents required before the first day of class.
- Copy of Student’s Birth Certificate.
- Copy of Baptismal Certificate.
- Copy of First Communion Certificate.
- Copy of Insurance Card. (If available).
- Transfer letter. If student attended classes in another parish.
- Godfather/ Sponsor letter ( If student will receive Baptism or Confirmation).
- Tuition Fees: $150.
- Communion additional Fees: $30 optional for a Bible.
- Parent’s Handbook signed.
Objective 1: Faith
Invite children, teens, and their families to a deeper personal relationship with Christ, and the Church so that each one may discover his/her own faith to become disciples and missionaries of Christ.
- Pray the rosary and/ or the Divine Mercy chaplet in community.
- Teach the Sunday Gospel.
- Dedicate one day to pray the Rosary in community.
- Teach the Bible.
- Teach about the liturgical year.
- Communion and confirmation projects and testing.
- Invite teachers to complete the catechist certification courses.
- Teach two lessons about safe environment to children and teens.
- Parent classes.
Objective 2: Worship
Invite children, teens, and their families to a spiritual journey through the teachings of the faith, and through a sacramental life, intensely lived in the Eucharist and in the sacrament of Penance in order that each one may worship and discover the goodness of the Lord.
- Monthly sacramental preparation for reconciliation and Eucharist.
- Communion retreat.
- Confirmation retreat.
- RCIA retreat.
- Teaching about the meaning of the Mass and its parts.
- Monthly children’s Masses.
- Encourage Mass attendance
- Parent classes on the Sacraments
- Parent classes on the Mass
Objective 3: Witness
Invite children, teens, and their families to discipleship through Jesus’ example by encouraging all to seek an encounter with others through service, charity, and truth.
- Food drive campaign/ Thanksgiving.
- Christmas baby food and toy drive campaign.
- Community gathering.
- Families Consecration Mass.
- Catechist teaching planning days.
- Field trips/ visits to Life Teen and Edge Youth Ministry.
- Invite speakers.
- Invite groups and ministries.
- Community hours for confirmation students.
- Workshops for catechists.